Started Sep 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JoeVC
Contributing MemberPosts: 659
Like?
G5: Game-Changer for Me
Sep 5, 2012

I've enjoyed using my Lumix G1 for street photography these last 4 years, and now I have a G5. Today, I went out in search of street imagery in the UNM area of Albuquerque, with the Lumix 20 lens. I had the G5 set to ISO 500 and the electronic shutter enabled.

The G5 with electronic shutter is a game-changer for my street photography, not just because of its stealthy operation but because it dramatically speeds up the operation of the camera, eliminating the close-open-close action of the camera's mechanical shutter. The whole operation is now lightning fast.

I also used the Dynamic Monochrome mode, which to my eyes is even better than the G1's Dynamic B/W mode that was already well received.

I'm stoked about the possibilities of this new camera.

I've shared some of my experiences from today, along with a large selection of street images from today's outing, on my blog, here:

http://joevancleave.blogspot.com/2012/09/game-changer.html

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow