ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mironv
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,736Gear list
Like?
D800 AF problems BS
Sep 4, 2012
-- hide signature --

For past few months there is nothing much other than posts about AF problems with D800 but owners of D800 just did not discovered that all this left right side problems are BS as D800 AFS only works with center point and AFC with all so in AFC you can't control where focus will luck and it will do that on most contrast parts and not where you may like or think. So if you use AFC learn to observe where focus is and press shutter when you think you get focus lucked where you need it. Once I read that AFS is only for center point and no other option I know that D800 AF is not for me regardless how good rest of camera is. All this complains are like complaining that your auto transmission dose not shift way you will like to. Tuff luck you get sucked up into cripple AF camera system ( yes I know D4 has same set up ) and reason is it was build for video users so deal with it. You don't like it get D3 d3S or whatever else but stop posting this stupid posts about how your camera AF is not working. It dose you just ignore to understand how it works.

Mironv
http://mironv.smugmug.com/

mironv's gear list:mironv's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +10 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow