K-r or DA* 16-50 issue, which one is at fault?

Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
daniel fritzen
Regular MemberPosts: 154Gear list
Like?
K-r or DA* 16-50 issue, which one is at fault?
Sep 4, 2012

I know the new subsonic motor lenses have been failing but i am having a hard time figuring out what the symptons are.

I have the following issue: sometimes when i try to focus my K-r with the DA* 16-50mm i cannot get the K-r to focus. Upon repeatedly occurring, albeit infrequent repetition, it appears to be on the zoom end of the lens, 50mm. Sometimes when i cannot focus if i go all the way to 16mm i can focus and then zoom in again and focus. But not all the time and the weird thing is it happens more in outdoor day lighting than in indoor lighting where it is darker.

Is my camera to blame or the lens? If you say the camera I will probably move up my purchase of a K-30 but if it is the lens i need to send it in and get it fixed pronto.

Please help.

daniel fritzen's gear list:daniel fritzen's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +1 more
Pentax K-30 Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow