Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rubicon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,630Gear list
Like?
Question for "street shooters"
Sep 4, 2012

I have been "changing" my shooting style, and trying to do some street shooting, now I'm not a "in your face" and blast away, but events and festivals, is more my style.

Just recently I changed my "kit" for my D700, by going to primes and sold my zooms.

I have 3 new Nikon G lenses the 28, 50 1.4 and the 85, so far I have been trying to use the 85, most and now the 50, in your opinions [plural] which do you find time after time works the best for you?

The 85 is downright awesome, but it becomes a bit to long and I can't back off to get "my framing" and the 50 seems to work very well, but thats why I thought I'd pick the brains of the pros?

So far I'm comfortable just using one lens, but in the multitude of street scenes, with people moving around I don't want to be changing lenses, my thoughts are running to the 50, as my best choice but I have very little experience in street work, its fun and rewarding.
Share you thoughts if you wish, or your criticisms, I have thick skin.

Several years ago a friend of mine[ now deceased ] used a Leica M6, with a 50, and velvia 50, and those photos run through his Leica projecter on a 6foot by 6 foot screen were downright awesome, and the combo of a FX body and a 50 I feel will work great.
We used to shoot barns and "stuff" but he liked street scenes also.

So I guess I'm asking in the long run, would you think my D700 and 50 1.4G lens be a very effective combo? it light and I have no plans for a upgrade.
I thank you for your input.

Rubicon:

rubicon's gear list:rubicon's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow