Shooters RX100 Review

Started Sep 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
PGR streetshooter
Contributing MemberPosts: 971Gear list
Like?
Re: Shooters RX100 Review
In reply to The Skipper, Sep 4, 2012

The Skipper wrote:

I am pretty sure that on the RX100, the "flexible spot" is smaller than the center spot mode, and it stays until you change it manually again.

PGR streetshooter wrote:

The Skipper wrote:

You mentioned in your blog about wanting a smaller spot focus. Would "flexible spot" give you that?

No, I don't believe it would. If the spot was maybe 40% smaller is would also increase accuracy and speed. That's not to say that the camera is slow or inaccurate, it just means that a smaller spot allows better framing. Say your 6 feet from a person. You are interested in their face and start to frame. The AF target will include more then just the face and you run the risk of a mis-focused image.

I remember wanting the same with the Fuji X100. They did bring it out but at first, when you set to use the smaller box, after exposure, it went back to large. Then after a firmware update, it was planted and worked all the time. At that point, I only used the small box till I stopped using the camera.
--
Cheers, Don

Hmmm, I will try it soon and if it works...I'll buy you any kind of coffee you want.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Don

PGR streetshooter's gear list:PGR streetshooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow