Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jake21
Contributing MemberPosts: 513
Like?
e-m5 - question on manual focus magnify and IS
Sep 4, 2012

I've been playing a bit with the e-m5 and an old manual focus lens and have a few questions on how to improve the experience.

I've assigned fn2 to magnify and have 1/2 press shutter to enable is and not cancel magnify:

-

When I 1/2 press the shutter IS kicks in but after a few (1?) second it seems to disable or become less effective. My hope is that the is effect would last a bit longer while manually focusing; is there another setting I need ?
-

When I touch fn2 to magnify; I can touch fn2 again to regain the normal view; but the display in the view finder does not return until either i wait a few seconds (5? 10?) or hit ok; is there a way to obtain the normal viewfinder (which has gauge) without hitting ok ?
-

Two other oddities; it seems that you can set the lcd display and view finder display (histogram; guage; ...) independently - is there a way to disable the lcd (what happens is that if i remove the camera from my eye and hit info to toggle the display option; it applies to the lcd and not hte viewfinder if the camera has auto switched)
-

Unrelated to the above (manual focus issue) is there a way I can shrink the auto focus box when using auto focus; assuming the box actually represent the area for auto focus lock it seems awful large - I'd sort of like some sort of spot focus.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow