Panasonic GH3 could displace every DSLR on the planet

Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
likota
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic GH3 could displace every DSLR on the planet
In reply to IcyVeins, Sep 4, 2012

OP's statement is obviously a provocation. However, I am surprised that so many forum useres fall for it.

I own several m43 lenses and cameras and I am very sastisfied with my equipment but I would never claim that m43 is a direct competitor to FF in terms of IQ. That's just absurd.

Any system is a compromise in one way or another. Someone who is interested in the best possible IQ will obviously choose FF or larger formats. I prefer a compact system with solid IQ for travel/hiking/landscape photogrpahy.

Even though the m43 system has only existed for a few years, m43 cameras have improved significantly since the first generation in 2008. The Olympus OMD is the best example so far but I am certain that the panasonic GH3 will be on the same level (or maybe even better).

In the end it all comes down to personal preferences. For example, I am absolutely not interested in shooting sports/ fast action and therefore I couldn't care less about PDAF and long fast tele lenses. For others it might be their main interest. However, there is one downside to all cameras so far that I have not seen mentioned in this thread: battery life. With one battery I can take only around 300 pics.

likota's gear list:likota's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D610 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow