Moon, Nex-7, Sigma 150-500, handheld

Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
compupro
Forum MemberPosts: 83Gear list
Like?
Re: Moon, Nex-7, Sigma 150-500, handheld
In reply to nevercat, Sep 4, 2012

nevercat wrote:

One of the most difficult things in astrophotography is focussing. It is close to impossible to do this when you hand held your camera!

So to obtain better sharpness, place your camera on a tripod and take your time focussing (AF will not work here) and then take your pictures and go for the best one (seeing will influence focus and IQ a lot)

BTW this is a good picture considdering it is hand held!

Thanks for your comments. I took similar pictures with Nikon 7000 witch supports also the stabilization of the lens. One of my points is that you do not necessarily need the stabilization even in such extreme situations if the shutter speed is sufficiently high. Also the coloured focusing aid was fun to use and to see how the moon's left side got a red flare.

Rather than striving for perfect astrophotography I want to study the capabilities of our excellent NEX-system. Comparing the Nikon with NEX in this excecise there was very little differences. Nikon is easier to handle with such bulky lens and exploits most of the lense's features, but NEX makes such manual process fun and gives slightly better results.

compupro's gear list:compupro's gear list
Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2/35 ZM Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow