Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aminucyrus
Regular MemberPosts: 216Gear list
Like?
Upcoming 300F2.8 SSM GII
Sep 4, 2012

Had a rare opportunity to play with this amazing piece of glass at the 55th Malaysian Independence . I was told it has new coatings and a new SSM.Although just a test unit, its sharpness and colour rendition makes both CZ 16-80 and Sigma 70-200 F2.8 APO DG HSM feel like the 18-55mm kit lens(not that they are in the same league). Paired with the A77, the focussing speed was faster than anything i've ever used. Not that i shoot fast moving subjects but it was supersonic fast to me compared to the sigma (which btw is pretty snappy even in low-light) and very silent.

The Minolta 200F2.8 High Speed and the Zeiss 135F1.8 were my dream prime lenses after using them for a day but this 300F2.8 SSM GII is a prime in a class of it's own. Below were some shots from that day with no PP except compression to fit the forum.

Note: I've never used the older version to compare.
: I've not shot fast moving subjects.
: This is not a production unit.

aminucyrus's gear list:aminucyrus's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +1 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow