Wanting to upgrade for indoor newborn and wedding photography. Currently have D7k.

Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
digitalman4242
Senior MemberPosts: 1,484
Like?
Wanting to upgrade for indoor newborn and wedding photography. Currently have D7k.
Sep 4, 2012

I currently have a d5100 and a D7000. I love both of the cameras. However, when doing indoor photography for weddings or newborn photo shoots I would like to get better AF. Sometimes it hunts a little too much. Also it seems like in low light situations I get front or back focus a little more than I would like. And I would just like to have something that AF's faster in low light. I am thinking of upgrading to a D700 and selling my D7000. I am also debating on waiting and getting a D800. But I know the D700 has been out a long time and is a GREAT camera. And from what I can tell the D700 is easier to get great shots from it than a D800 because of the extra MP's in the D800. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Nikon D5100 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow