Should I wait for a swivel screen camera from Pentax?

Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Yvan/G2
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?
Should I wait for a swivel screen camera from Pentax?
Sep 4, 2012

In 2006 my fray into the DSLR world ended with the purchase of a K10D for which I acquired three lens:

Sigma 17-70 mm
Sigma 50-500 mm and
Tamron 18-250 mm

We're nearing the end of 2012 and I feel that I'm missing on a lot of useful innovations. My big dilemma is: should I stay with Pentax or sell the whole kit (a tremendous loss) and start all over again with another camera maker. The one thing that I absolutely want on my next camera is a swivel screen (or at least a tiltable one) and live view (pretty standard nowadays).

I find that in recent years Sony has taken the lead in digital camera innovation and their recent products (Alpha and NEX series) are very tempting. The SLT-A65 is a model offering most of the features that I consider important for replacing my K10D:

• swivel screen

• in camera stabilization (like Pentax)

• first class video

• GPS

• sweep panorama

• HDR

Here is my question : Will Pentax ever see the light in a foreseeable future and deliver a DSLR with a swivel screen?

Had they done so with the K30 I would not be writing this thread.

If nothing of the sort is advertised by Pentax before Christmas time I'll sadly change camp and hopefully look for the replacement of the SLT-65 which at this time could well offer the advance features of the NEX-5R (hybrid autofocus and Wi-Fi).

Thanks for for your advice!

NEX5R Pentax K10D Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow