Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
howellls
Regular MemberPosts: 154
Like?
D300S vs Nikon
Sep 4, 2012

Last year I was looking to upgrade from my D70. For a number of years I had been wanting the D200, then the D300 and finally the D300s. I tried all 3 cameras, felt they were made for my hand with it's large heavy feel and believed it would be the ideal camera to grow into. I purchased it with no regrets. I kept my 50mm 1.8 from the D70 and purchased the Nikon 18-200 with the D300s body.

Over the last year I have heard Nikon dealers and have read countless articles from self proclaimed Nikon experts ( no need to mention names) that basically state from an IQ standpoint the D300s is inferior to numerous less costly cameras, the D3100, D5100, the D7000 and now the new D3200. While I cant say I have seriously used any of those other Nikons, I can say that I still have a long way to go before I can say I outgrew my D300s the way I actually outgrew my D70. My D300s still look brand new. I can not see myself selling it for one of the Nikon's that I keep hearing have better IQ. The D3100 and D5100 have a entry level feel to them. The D7000 comes across more like the D300s. Curious for those of you who are not pros but like me are very passionate about photography who own D300's, what are your plans? How many of you plan on replacing them with the other Nikon's I mentioned in this posting? Interesting that Nikon still lists the D300's on their website. Thanks

Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D300S Nikon D3100 Nikon D3200 Nikon D5100 Nikon D70 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
OkeNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow