New lens for my 7D

Started Aug 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
happysnapper64
Senior MemberPosts: 4,214Gear list
Like?
Re: New lens for my 7D
In reply to G Hahn, Sep 4, 2012

If you NEED the extra stop of light then yes, You simply can't get away from the fact that it lets in twice the light the f/4 does wide open. However, I bought the f/4 IS as I don't shoot in very low light too often. Apart from being approx 1/2 the price of the 2.8 it weighs a lot less & is therefore a lot easier to keep on your camera for an all day shoot. I have bad arthritis in my spine, neck & shoulders, & find it very little trouble to use for long periods. IQ wise the 2.8 JUST edges the f/4, but A/F is excellent, & even though the f/4 uses first gen IS, it still keeps up. If you must have 2.8 but don't want to spend that much on the Canon, why not take a look at the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 OS.Same price as the Canon f/4, & pretty good from what I have heard.
--
lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ughNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow