Started Sep 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Holmes375
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,219Gear list
Like?
FZ200 - ain't no DSLR, but....
Sep 3, 2012

It sure isn't bad for a P&S machine, especially compared to some of the other cameras I've tried in this category.

Decided to chase the dogs about a little today and see if I could catch anything at all. This is an area where the bridge cams have sorely disappointed. The FZ200 is certainly no action camera but you can get some shots if you practice a little.

These are SOOC, cropped heavy and re-sized. Disregard colour, contrast and other image quality analysis as I've not processed these for such. They're just casual snaps made during the harsh midday light. The ability to catch a moving subject, especially one coming directly to the camera, was the experiment.

FZ200 caught her on the trot in the shadows where AF get tough for these cameras:

My D300 and 70-200 VR aren't intimidated in the least but I'm rather pleased with the initial play around here. I have much to learn with the camera and expect things to only get better as I get more time behind the controls.

-- hide signature --
Nikon D300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow