G1X - Multiple Subjects & Applications (PICS)

Started Sep 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marco Nero
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,012Gear list
Like?
G1X - Multiple Subjects & Applications (PICS)
Sep 3, 2012

It's a bit of a shame that I could only post 10 pictures (forum rules) because I had quite a few different ones to share.... but I'll post a few more in a reply below in just a moment. I've been able to get just about any sort of image I could want with the G1X ... with the obvious exception of sporting shots that would probably suit a DSLR.

I've been taking photographs with this camera for all sorts of applications: Books, Advertising, Magazines, Brochures and simply for Fun.

Images edited in Lighroom4 (for subtle color and exposure changes) and were resized in Photoshop (minor noise reduction applied to some shots via Neat Image PS pluggin).

G1X - P-Mode 1/125s f/14.0 at 60.4mm iso100 + ND Filter (on) + Spot Metering

• Sunrise whilst driving * I shot this through the driver's open window from the front passenger seat at 60kmph.

G1X - P-Mode 1/400s f/5.8 at 60.4mm iso800 + 250D Closeup Filter

• Australian "Legless" Lizard - sitting in the grass

G1X - P-Mode 1/1000s f/4.5 at 27.3mm iso500 + 250D Closeup Filter

• Australian "Legless" Lizard - on my finger (Crop) - They have the ability to drop their tails even if not being handled. Here's a link to a picture taken earlier the same day of another legless lizard (related to the two-toed skink) which dropped it's tail and bled all over my hand (taken with the Canon s95): http://www.pbase.com/nero_design/image/145741275/large

G1X - P-Mode 1/125s f/4.5 at 24.5mm iso100

• Interior - view from the kitchen window - Combined exposure - one shot focused on the interior and the other on the view. Two different exposures were used. Taken for the use of the property seller. This is the composite image.

G1X - P-Mode 1/1000s f/5.0 at 32.5mm iso250 + ND Filter (on)

• Boat moored in front of Russel Crowe's apartment (not his boat).

G1X - P-Mode 1/40s f/2.8 at 15.1mm iso800 + 250D Closeup Filter

• Pan-seared fillet steak with herb infused salt-butter with cracked green peppercorns and white wine sauce.

G1X - P-Mode 1/60s f/5.6 at 22.9mm iso100 + 250D Closeup Filter

• Orienteering compass for a book I'm working on at the moment.

G1X - P-Mode 1/320s f/5.8 at 60.4mm iso320

• Sitting in traffic on the way out of the city yesterday.

G1X - P-Mode 1/25s f/4.5 at 27.8mm iso1600 + 250D Closeup Filter

• Fresh strawberries in cherry liqueur with Vanilla bean icecream . I kind of goofed up with the White Balance here.... We were having dinner with friends and I didn't think to alter the WB between this shot and several that I had taken earlier.

G1X - P-Mode 1/8s f/4.5 at 25.9mm iso800 + 580 EX II Flash

Yellow jacket My wife made this jacket to wear at a concert last week and I asked her to pose for some shots when we got home. The image was a little grainy and I probably overworked the noise reduction a little but it's not noticeable when the image size is further reduced. I just took this for fun and I didn't take the time to do anything creative with the lighting - color was desaturated intentionally.

-- hide signature --
 Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III +7 more
Canon PowerShot S95
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow