LVF2, is it worth the price?

Started Sep 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
brentbrent
Contributing MemberPosts: 793Gear list
Like?
Re: LVF2, is it worth the price?
In reply to goshigoo, Sep 3, 2012

First, it's only $160 at B&H: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=lvf2&N=0

I really like mine, and I'm using it more than I expected to. For folks who need reading glasses to see the LCD clearly, the diopter adjustment for the LVF makes it easier to shoot without glasses. It's great for the manual focus assist, and as many have said, for bright outdoors shots. The button to switch back and forth between LCD and LVF2 is in a better location on the back than the side button on the LVF1 that works with the GF1 camera, and the LVF2 with its higher resolution is much better than the LVF1.

My first MFT camera was a used GF1 that I bought with the LVF1, but I fairly quickly sold the LVF1, as its quality just wasn't useful for me. I have a very different opinion of the LVF2.

If you can wait and are willing to pay a higher price, perhaps seeing if a GX2 does come out with a built-in EVF is the way to go. But the LVF2 is definitely a good add-on to the GX1. I probably wouldn't have bought it at $250, but I'm happy I got it at $160.

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow