Do you use the auto iso? Why or Why Not???

Started Sep 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dr Hal
Contributing MemberPosts: 752Gear list
Like?
Do you use the auto iso? Why or Why Not???
Sep 3, 2012

Last weekend, I went out on a photoshoot with two of my grandchildren. One uses my old GF1 which I gave him and the other used my GH2, and I used my GX1. I had used my camera indoors with my 20mm 1.7 and the iso at 1250. I forgot to reset the iso and consequently my pictures were inferior to theirs. I really do not care about that (actually I want their pictures to be better), but it worries me that when I am on a trip or taking pictures where I will not have a second chance this will happen. I have decided that in the future I am going to use auto iso and put the limit on iso 800. Anything above 800 I will have to set manually. Does this sound like a decent idea to you? What, if any, are the negatives to this?

Thanks,

Hal

Dr Hal's gear list:Dr Hal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +8 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow