ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mrpevets
Regular MemberPosts: 164
Like?
compare sensors on Nikon D4 vs D800E
Sep 3, 2012

So, good day one & all!!

I have just returned from 3 months running a residential children's camp in northern Ontario & am ready to make that commitment of a new camera.

I have been shooting with a D2Xs for the past 6 years and use it a lot during the summers, where I take pictures of kids doing water skiing, canoeing, playing tennis, climbing a climbing wall, playing baseball, basketball, ball hockey, biking, or just standing in front of the camera asking me to take a picture of the group to put it into the slide show at the end of the summer. I shoot about 5,500 pics per summer.

I would also shoot kids at an evening program in a rec hall (indoors) having a game where the lighting is not great, or shooting them in a play performing a musical on stage before the entire camp.

After camp, I try to capture the beauty of camp, which is on a lake, where landscapes become my focus.

During the rest of the year, I shoot street people, grandchildren doing a little of everything, this past April I went to Death Valley with a buddy just to shoot the beauty of the place.

I purchased an Epson 4900 camera & hope to start printing during the cold months of winter.

As one can see, I do a little of everything. I am looking for the best camera for me & am not able to decide which one to get.

From my digging into the main differences of these 2 awesome cameras, the pro body & fps of the D4 become apparent where the D800E shines with 36 mp.

What about the sensor on the D4, how good is it? Will the 36 mp on the D800E put it to shame?

I do have a number of great lenses (Nikkor 14 - 24 2.8; 24 - 70 2.8; 70 - 200 VR II 2.8; 85G 1.4; and a Sigma 50 1.4)

If you were in my shoes, which one would you get? I know that this question has been asked a number of times & it has been suggested to me to get the D800, but I am used to a bigger body and I am not sure how I will like the "E". even with the grip.

Waiting to hear from you as I hope to get before the end of September

eternal camper

Nikon D2Xs Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow