Started Sep 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phileas Fogg
Senior MemberPosts: 2,317
Like?
Why one can take a lesson from BOSE.
Sep 3, 2012

First, as an avid hi-fi buff I do not find Bose products overly compelling and are often quite low in quality and over priced for what you get, short of their classic 901 and 701 speakers. Those were pretty good IF ONE SET THEM UP WELL IN THE RIGHT ROOM! Their noise cancelling headphones are pretty good too.

So why do I discuss Bose here in a pro photography forum? Because if you watch shopping channel segments featuring Bose and Bose infomercials you will find out these things.

1: They market a theme that is and has been 100% consistent. For decades Bose has never wavered in the consistency of their theme.

2: They market a story not a product per se. The products are mere physical items to the story but Bose sells only on its heavily marketed story.

THEY LIKELY SELL OUT EVERY PRODUCT THEY CAN MAKE YOU CAN COUNT ON IT! I doubt they have a warehouse of unsold gear.

IMO Bose is not the best electronics company, FAR FROM IT! Again though their products are typically over priced for what you get, but they may be the best marketing company on the planet.

Watch Bose on shopping channel segments, watch Bose infomercials and learn that YOU as a pro need to develop and sell a story (your story). The products you offer only contribute to the story. Market 100% consistently a (your) theme.

THAT IS A BIG KEY TO BUSINESS SUCCESS.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow