The 14mm test : Panasonic and Olympus lenses

Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Waimak Stud
Senior MemberPosts: 1,136Gear list
Like?
Awesome, thank you so much!
In reply to Pixnat2, Sep 3, 2012

I was looking to get an omd to replace my GF1 (and maybe my D90) at some point, but was wondering whether I should get the 12-50 kit or the mini 14-42 PLUS 40-150 kit (which is the same price.) Now that I see how well my 14-45 stands up against the 12-50 I think I can safely keep that lens, and get the 14-42 kit for times that I need a smaller package. If I could ever afford the pana 12-60 i would love to get it, but in the meantime really pleased to see how well the 14-45 stands up. However, considering the 12-60 is a panasonic lens ( and thus I guess not having CA automatically corrected) I am really impressed at the CA results.

Although this is not the most conclusive test, I think you have done something really useful here (for me, at least) so thanks a lot.

Surprised that the 14mm prime didn't do better, considering it's a fixed focal length lens.
--
http://pehshonan.webs.com/

It wasn't until I stopped trying to be a PRO that my photography really improved.

Waimak Stud's gear list:Waimak Stud's gear list
Nikon D90 Sony Alpha 7 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow