Nightwings
Forum ProPosts: 10,329
Like?
Need Help with Blue Sky -Please-! :)
Sep 3, 2012

Hi all.
I'm a Nikon shooter
I have CaptureNX2 and Photoshop CS6

I have a few process questions on obtaining a deepend blue sky in post processing.

CaptureNX2 makes the process perfectly simple by using the Color Control Point tool. The result is quick and the transitional tones are beautiful with artifacting and blotching almost non-existant.

The nearest method I can duplicate with Photoshop CS6.... is to create a duplicate layer and multiply..... create another duplicate layer, and multiply it again.. etc. until I get the level of darkened sky I want. The problem with that method is.... obviously... it multiplies everything else. Is there a method of just selecting a particular color/range of color and multiplying that way?

I've tried all other conventional methods of replacing color.... selective hue/saturation, etc. and nothing works that produces blotch free... artifact free color tones - Here's a couple of samples of what I'm talking about.

First shot is Photoshops failed attempt.
Second shot is CaptureNX2
Third shot is an original unaltered image from a point and shoot camera

Fourth shot is what CaptureNX2 did to the sky using the Color Control Point tool.

I find it absolutely shocking that .... what I can do in 10 SECONDS! in CaptureNX2.... can't be duplicated (by me) in Photoshop CS6 despite of hours upon hours of fibitzing and pizzing around with different settings/sliders/techniques.

-- hide signature --

Nikon AF - One Shot ..... One Kill

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
joeyNew
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow