Started Sep 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fdrives
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Canon A700 vs SX260
Sep 3, 2012

I've had a Canon A700 for about 6 years and it has treated me very well. Decided its finally time to upgrade to something new, so I've spent days pouring over cameras, websites, reviews, pictures, etc in order to find a new camera that fits my needs (for mostly outdoor daylight pictures)...

• $300-ish max.

• 5x+ zoom

• HD video

• Pocketable point and shoot

• and, most importantly, the absolute best picture quality I can get from a camera that meets the above requirements

So, fast forward to now. I ended up settling on the SX260. Very excitedly, brought it home, opened it up, and took some test shots. To my surprise, my 6 yearold A700 seems to do better in almost every situation than the brand new SX260. The A700 seems to be sharper and more realistic, while the SX260 only surpasses it in high zoom and low light.

So, am I doing something wrong? If so, what can I do to make my SX260 give better results? If not, does anyone have any other camera recommendations for me that would better fit what I'm looking for?

Sony Alpha DSLR-A700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow