3500miles 8 Days Road trip with D800E/Zeiss 25mm f2 Lots of pics!!!!

Started Sep 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mssimo
Contributing MemberPosts: 863Gear list
Like?
3500miles 8 Days Road trip with D800E/Zeiss 25mm f2 Lots of pics!!!!
Sep 3, 2012

Hello,

I just got back from a huge road trip. Here are some quick samples. (took me 25 mins to pick them out, I'm not a great photographer by the way)

Some are edited some are not. Most are with my new 25mm F2 Zeiss. Most of the time I used a Marumi 67mm Super Circular CPL on it. (note the before and after sample)

I took about 1300 pictures. Some were in the rain, some I was being attacked by bats at 4am and fought them off with a pillow, some of them were on tours with 25+ people pushing me around. It was hot 100+, it was cold 27 in the tent at night. I used a tripod when possible but overall did not use it much.

The zeiss lens has a hard stop at infinity. Its a "perfect" calibration at the factory. For landscapes, all you do is jam the focus as far as it will go and take the picture. For all others I used the focus confirmation on the D800e (looked for the solid dot) Very easy to focus.

Photography equipment:
D800E
Zeiss 25mm f2 (not to be confused with the f2.8)
also had
Samyang 14mm f2.8
Nikon 70-200 VRII
105mm micro f2.8
85mm f1.4D
GH2, sony compact with GPS and lots of other misc gear.

Road trip:

Minnesota to Mount Rushmore to Yellowstone to Page, AZ to Grand Canyon to San Juan Skyway mountain drive in CO then a 24 hour drive back to Twin Cities.

Budget was about $1500 to $1750.

Car was a 2012 Golf TDI (Diesel) had about 1721miles before the trip, now its has 5662k. I got 45.3 MPG overall. Average speed 48MPH (lots of drives to 10,000+ feet)

Feel free to ask any questions and Im well aware that my pictures are not award winners, this was just a fun, rushed trip i took because work told me I had too much vacation.

enjoy!

With and without CPL

-- hide signature --

Mássimo

Mssimo's gear list:Mssimo's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye +3 more
Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow