Poll: OM-D autofocus Issues

Started Aug 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
dkadc
Forum MemberPosts: 90Gear list
Like?
NO - but only with 12-50
In reply to highwave, Sep 3, 2012

With the 12-50, my OM-D focuses faster than a bunny out of a bazooka.

When talking gear with other photographers I get a kick out of locking focus and taking photographs with the touch screen of alternating near and far objects, and while doing so I have made many a Canikon owner surprised with wide-eyed amazement. Typical reactions are "oh my god, I can't believe how fast that camera can focus!"

For the naysayers, I repeat the demonstration in MACRO and they suddenly see how incredibly useful it can be to select the focus point with the tip of a finger.

The 12-50 is the only native mF/T lens I own.

I demo the 14-54II to other past or current F/T owners on those rare occasions I bump into one.

To avoid looking like an idiot to the Canikon crowd, I refrain from doing demonstrations of my Sigma 1.8 24mm, Sigma 1.4 30mm or Olympus 70-300 unless I'm certain they understand these lenses weren't made for this camera.
--

Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

dkadc's gear list:dkadc's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Sigma 24mm F1.8 EX DG Aspherical Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
No.New
NopeNew
NoneNew
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow