Started Sep 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NikonMan09
Regular MemberPosts: 195
Like?
New D7000 received, dissapointed with AF
Sep 2, 2012

I received on Friday the D7000 I ordered last week, and in my initial use I am dissapointed because the AF is very inconsistent. I shot in a few situations where I have typically used my D90 in recent years, and my conclusion is that the D90 gives a higher percentage of in-focus shots. (I define in-focus in that the main subject looks sharp at 100% enlargement in a viewer.) This camera can't seem to focus on swimmers as consistently as my D90 can, using either AF-C in either 9-pt dynamic or single point, with a3 set to zero (comparable to the configuration of the D90).

Here are some examples:

AF-C 9pt. Dynamic

AF-C Single Point

One AF-C 9pt. Dynamic that went well; I get this result much more often with the D90

Finally, one other place where I shoot alot is my church. Here is a slightly fuzzy D7000 shot with AF-S, 39 point (the D300s and D90 consistently nail this kind of shot in AF-S, wide mode)

-- hide signature --

Formerly known as MinoltaMan78. Switched to Nikon in 2009.

Nikon D300S Nikon D7000 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EditNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow