7D Firmware v2.0.0 freezing problem confirmed by Canon: Proof

Started Aug 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Glassfish
Regular MemberPosts: 329
Like?
Unwise to Going back to v1.x...
In reply to 40d_dane, Sep 2, 2012

40d_dane wrote:

The issue with going back is most likely that v2 FW changes persistent data structures in non-volatile memory in a way that can't be understood by v1.x FW and v1.x FW is unable to revert the change. If it is non-volatile RAM then you should be able to go back by "updating" the FW to v1.2.5 and instead of only removing the main battery after the FW has been flashed also remove the clock battery. You may also have to format your CF cards (erasing will not help if needed - format the cards). I haven't tried though. Disclaimer: You are on your own if you try this ! Don't blame me if it doesn't work or does bad things to your beloved 7D.

I would not go against Canon's advise in attempt to flash the old firmware back. It may not allow that i.e. fail to go back without any damange. That is a best case scenario. If it lets the old firmware in then you may brick your camera as the worst case scenario. There are plenty of inconvenient things in between.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow