Buying iPad: iPad 2 or new one?

Started Sep 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lee Beasley
Senior MemberPosts: 2,307Gear list
Like?
Re: Buying iPad: iPad 2 or new one?
In reply to notquiteAnsel, Sep 2, 2012

I've owned all three of them. The iPad 2 is still my favorite, although my granddaughter now has my old one. The retina display is nice, don't get me wrong, but it's not really earth shattering, and I could live without it.

On the other hand, the battery on the iPad 2 charges noticeably faster (and seems to last longer, but that may just be me) and the device itself is slightly thinner and lighter. Both will run iOS 6. So far, I haven't found anything I can do with the iPad 3 that I couldn't do on the iPad 2. That's not to say I'm sorry I bought it--only that I think the iPad 2 is the best model released so far. When they release an iPad 4, I'll likely be the first in line.

IMHO, the 64 GB model is the one to buy, and I don't even keep video or songs on mine.

Lee Beasley's gear list:Lee Beasley's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow