Started Sep 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael J Davis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,440Gear list
Like?
E-M5 flare problems with Pany 7-14mm
Sep 2, 2012

I have been using the Panny 7-14mm lens for 20 months with my Panasonic G1, with very satisfactory results. Of course the Panny camera corrects chromatic aberration.

Last Thursday, I was out with the E-M5 doing some interior architectural photography, and in one room in particular, (though it was apparent elsewhere), I got the problems shown:-

The first is a one quarter crop (top left hand corner) of a room in which the light sources were included in the shot.

The second, in the same room is a reduced whole frame where the lights are not visible in the frame:-

I am horrified with these results and wonder if it be the nature of the lighting (Mercury vapour perhaps?) - because I have no idea how to eliminate such results. Normal chromatic aberration techniques don't seem to work in this case (in some bracketed exposures the purple seems outside the gamut of the captured image.)

Obviously I didn't have my G1 with me to carry out a controlled test.

Any ideas, please?

Mike
--
Mike Davis
Photographing the public for over 50 years
http://www.flickr.com/photos/watchman

Michael J Davis's gear list:Michael J Davis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow