A77, 2x Smart Teleconverter

Started Aug 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
dtrph
Contributing MemberPosts: 701Gear list
Like?
Re: A77, 2x Smart Teleconverter
In reply to Sam_Oslo, Sep 2, 2012

Sam_Oslo wrote:

These shots looks good to me, at least on digital media, maybe better than 50%-crop too. But these are my first attempt with digital zoom, and I need to play more with it. C&C is welcome.

Sam I applaud your efforts and since you're looking for CC I would say that as far as using the 2xST is concerned vs raw pp crop... it is all up to you. Why not do both, that bird was not going anywhere anytime soon. The camera adjustment is fast enough. As far as the shot itself is concerned it is not a very good image regardless of 2x or raw pp. I have taken many of these and I would categorize that one as not a keeper.

IMHO the cormorant is not a very attractive bird to begin with and this is not a very good picture of it anyways. Here's one of mine that i considered a keeper (for every keeper i have there's maybe 10 that i discard). Be well Sam!

-- hide signature --

dancph

dtrph's gear list:dtrph's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony SLT-A65 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow