Started Sep 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Spiridakis Michael
Senior MemberPosts: 2,302
Like?
Kodak - Olympus | color study
Sep 2, 2012

Hello my Kodak friends,,,, as I promised I am ready to post some recent shots from both Kodak P880 and OLY EPL2, well it is not a Kodak vs Olympus test... but as it happens to own both cameras its a nice time to have a closer look to the similarities in their color rendition, well if finally there is any similarity...

Its a long time tradition here in Kodak forum member to report that Olympus is very close to Kodak color rendition so here it is... shots side by side from both companies.

The rules I decided are very simple and it is only one rule in truth, this is exposure and ISO, that means I decided the ISO to be the basic for each camera and the exposure compensation to be at 0 EV, plus the metering to be matrix and not based in focus and recompose but the metering to be the original of the picture, I think it is simple to understand what I mean here....

So here are the first of the series for tonight there are some more for maybe tomorrow, and a lot more with more complexed weather condition such as clouds and cloudy weather and of course sea and sunsets...

My conclusion will follow later coz I use my laptop at the moment and I cant be sure for what I see... but my conclusion has "little" value... lets see yours...

-- hide signature --
Olympus PEN E-PL2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow