G1X vs RX100 at 3200ISO

Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chris Lofty
Regular MemberPosts: 249Gear list
Like?
Re: Hello Dimitri Khoz
In reply to tbcass, Sep 2, 2012

I bought the G1X specifically as an alternative to carrying my heavy DSLR and Lenses for travel, cycling and hiking. I needed a smaller and lighter set up that still gave me high IQ that was suitable for the pixel peeping stock agencies; the G1X has fulfilled this requirement completely.

I am aware of the well recorded issues with slow AF etc., but for my needs this camera is perfect. The weight and size is relative to what you are used to, I've been lugging my 'big' gear round for years, this feels like a feather in comparison!

I only popped into this forum to get some views on the RX100; it appears to be a very capable camera, but not one that suits my particular needs!

I'm somewhat amazed as to all the negative views on the Canon G1X, and to all the hyped up comparisons with the RX100.
To my mind they are both excellent cameras, so whichever one you own enjoy it!

I don't believe the G1X was a mistake, I'm not the only DSLR user that finds it a worthy addition to their kit!
--
Chrislofotos
http://www.chrislofotos.org

Chris Lofty's gear list:Chris Lofty's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow