Regular MemberPosts: 429Gear list
Like?
Re: About Notes with MT Lion
In reply to noirdesir, Sep 2, 2012

noirdesir wrote:

j.m.young wrote:

noirdesir wrote:

nicolas guilbert wrote:

Thanks, i thought i had to be on the net now to be able to sync notes. I will give it at try

There are a number of apps (essentially a lot of iOS text editors like Elements or PlainText) that can sync short text files between a Mac and an iOS device without an internet connection (ie, either via WiFi or while connected via the normal sync cable which means via iTunes/Apps/Filesharing or third-party USB syncing tools like PadSync).

I guess I am very confused "via WiFi" I thought that was being connected to the net!

Creating a WiFi network is something separate from being connected to the internet. You just need a device that can create a WiFi network and let multiple devices connect to it. You can use a standard WiFi router like an Airport Express, or mobile hotspots of the MiFi type, or your Mac itself to do this. You can then use the iTunes WiFi sync or the WiFi sync that some apps offer (where an app on the iOS device communicates with a companion application running on the Mac, for this the app has to be running on the iOS device and at least some background service running on the Mac).

You are correct...I was surly confused and realized it as soon as I started reading your reply. Sorry for not thinking before posting.

j.m.young's gear list:j.m.young's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow