Is OVF obsession hurting your photography?

Started Sep 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Najinsky
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,598
Like?
Is OVF obsession hurting your photography?
Sep 2, 2012

I was looking for some simple discussions about the XE-1; lots of threads, but within a few comments it alll descends into OVF wars.

It's the same with many new camera; bold and proud proclamtions of 'No OVF/EVF' = No deal ' (can I mention those together?)

Then I realised something, I've been shooting mostly from an LCD screen recently, and have been getting some great shots. Shots where shooting through a finder would have been impossible due to a restricted shooting angle that would have required impossible contortions for me to achieve, not to mention an eye-to-framing window of less than 0.5s that would have meant missing virtually every shot it I had to move my eye to the camera and then frame.

I do get that there may be opthalmic reasons for some, and I sympathise with your restrictions, but for many I fear there is an element of cutting their nose off to spite their face. Is that fact an image was captured through a finder really more important than the actual image?

-Najinsky

Edit: The XE-1 info I was looking for is, does it use the same lens mount as the X-Pro 1?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow