Collecting "freeze" data for 7D bodies running V2 firmware

Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Robert J. Gonzalez
Senior MemberPosts: 1,168Gear list
Like?
Re: Froze several times at one occasion
In reply to AndersLj, Sep 2, 2012

Mine turned itself off, no display.

I can get it turn on briefly if I take both batteries out for a while, but the problem returns quickly. I had APO disabled, didn't help.

AndersLj wrote:

Data: 7D s/n 023010xxxx
SanDisk Ultra 16 Gb 30 MB/s*
Installed from "dedicated" CF card (only used for upgrading)
Don't remember from where file was downloaded
JPEG, No MFA, perhaps one or two custom settings
Auto PowerOff 30s
Lens: EF-S 15-85

Upgraded, and hadn't taken a lot of pictures after that (this i S100 time of the year...) Used the camera for a few pictures from my window, no problem so far. Settings: Auto-ISO, P

Next day I took it for a walk in the forest. Everything similar, except changed into ISO 400 and A (f8). Temperature about the same as yesterday, no rain.

After the first shot the camera froze, with top display on. Only way to get out was taking the battery out. The same repeated about ten times (once I got two shots in spite of using OneShot. I then took the battery out for ten minutes. After that I could some times use the camera for a couple of shots before freezing. So after a couple of tens of pictures I returned home.

Back home I (perhaps unfortunately) first tried with another lens, and everything worked normally again. I also tried with the first lens, and simulated the procedure from before the mishap. But the camera has worked normally since then.

This doesn't make me very happy at all. I can't rely on the camera. I need to bring a backup body at every "critical mission".

ALj

Robert J. Gonzalez's gear list:Robert J. Gonzalez's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow