Panasonic Point & Shoots & Sony RX-100

Started Aug 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
dog46
Junior MemberPosts: 43Gear list
Like?
Re: yes you need new glasses
In reply to aerorail, Sep 2, 2012

It is interesting how people interpet things that are said or how people react to things said. I looked at the pictures of the RX-100 taken in the DP review of the RX-100. I also purposely mentioned I had NX5D. Anybody with half a brain could probably infer that I am not a total fan boy. This took a significant allocation of limited funds.

What is also interesting what people read into things one writes. I though I had included enough factual information so people might know where I was coming from. I a well aware none of the above matters for much. Here-though-is what I still don't understand.

Anyone who can't figure out that the rx-100 is an excellent camera does not know very much about cameias. All I said and all I meant was that I would never buy an RX-100 IF the samples included in the DP test were the basis of that purchase. I'll be more precise. I think those PARTICULAR pictures suck. That's all I ever meant by my remarks. Any fool knows anything designed faces the constraints of technology and physics.

I rather suspect nobody has the courage to say those pictures aren't very good because they were taken with a very good camera. All one has to do is look at the samples of say the LX-3. I think they are sharper and show more detail. I don't down load pictures and count pixels. All well & good. I much prefer to look at pictures or take them. So raw smaw-I really don't care. How do they look! How hard is that to figure out with the information presented in my comment. How hard is that.

dog46's gear list:dog46's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow