Started Sep 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ikendu
Forum MemberPosts: 66
Like?
Nex 5n Shutter won't fire ... then condition clears mysteriously
Sep 2, 2012

I've been using the 5n for about 6 weeks now. We've used it a lot, mostly for macro shots. I've seen twice now an odd situation where it seems to be working normally, I'll press the shutter half way for the autofocus, then when I do the final press to fire the shutter, nothing happens. Everything else seems to be working normally, the shutter just won't fire; pretty frustrating.

I don't remember how we cleared this the first time and now, after clearing it a second time, I still don't know now we did it. I've been using it in Aperture priority mode most of the time, with flash.

We've tried turning it on and off, switching the shooting mode (A to iAuto and back again), the last thing I tried was cycling through the flash modes. For macro, I'm almost always using the forced (fill) flash mode. I can't say with any certainty that this cycling through the flash modes did it.

Anyone had this same experience? I tried searching this forum and using Google. I found a few instances of similar behavior but no solutions other than people return their cameras. As a long time software developer, it seems like a firmware bug.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow