Started Sep 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andreipaul82
Forum MemberPosts: 77Gear list
Like?
Hike trip in the Eastern Carpathans with my "old" PL2 -some landscape pics
Sep 2, 2012

Just came back from a 3 day trip in the Eastern Carpathians in Romania, in Ceahlau Mountains. My father used to take me there when I was a kid, from age 6 we went every year for 8 or 9 consecutive years. After that I never returned until now. So... after more than 15 years I decided to come back and revisit them. While they're not very big or high (highest peaks go to 1900 and 1907m) they're quite spectacular and the paths and hikes are very nice. What makes them even more spectacular is that at the base of the mountain (3-4km away) there's one of the biggest dams and lakes in Romania (Bicaz dam).
I took with me my PL2 and the 14-42, 20 and 45.

I sure do miss an UWA and a 40-150 or other tele, they would have been very useful in lots of situations.
Here are some pics.

First day was rainy, we tried to go up the mountain but the weather was just too bad and we decided to go back and take a car trip around the lake to the other side of the mountain.

The next two days the weather was just perfect.

One of the highest peaks... Toaca - 1900m.

View from the top.

On our way back

On the last day we went on the over side of the mountain.

Duruitoarea waterfall 25m height ( because of the drought this year it wasn't as spectacular as usual ).

Thanks for looking !
C&Cs are welcomed.

andreipaul82's gear list:andreipaul82's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow