We wuz robbed !!!!!

Started Aug 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
tbcass
Forum ProPosts: 17,812Gear list
Like?
Re: DPR gold vs silver awards
In reply to Robsphoto, Sep 2, 2012

Robsphoto wrote:

It sounds like some people have to "fall in love" with a camera before it can be awarded a gold! But, is a camera really akin to a love affair? After all, it's just a piece of equipment, it's not like choosing a wife (or husband) .. or I don't think it is! Although I realise that numerical assessments are not all that relevant for "love affairs", I am not completely convinced that cameras (or even cars) came into that category!

I agree 100%. All I care about is if the camera can give me the results I'm looking for with a "reasonable" amount of learning and effort. Quite frankly because I am used to SLR sized cameras I hated the handling of the RX100 at first but loved the photos it produced. Now after about 2 weeks of use and about 700 photos I've become accustomed to it and have figured out how to best use it so now I really like how it handles and it's ergonomics. Some people don't seem to want to put any effort into it. I do wish it had a flip screen though.

-- hide signature --
 tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow