inkowl 3880 1st impressions

Started Aug 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Apotheker
Regular MemberPosts: 458
Like?
I have tested all version of Pro 38x0 cartridges...
In reply to Rkelac, Sep 1, 2012

You name it: prototypes, release versions, I-refill (Inkrepublic/Inkjetmall/Inkjetcarts), Bigfoot cartridges, small size cartridges (many sellers).....good things here, bad things there, practical problems....

I finally settled with the I-refill system, because of the reliability and construction quality. However: not everybody wish to have these large cartridges and the fact you will have to install these large cartridges as a complete set.

The small size cartridges are the second best option, with some precautions (tuning chip holder bouncing upwards and can get stucked, strange and potentially risky position of refill hole).

Now: maybe combining these two options would be the best. A mini I-refill cartridge: small and ability to close the ink cover, a refill hole on top of it, so not need to remove the cartridge from the printer. Reset by pressing a small button on top of the cartridge for 5 seconds, so you have reliable ink level instead of a reset all option or always full ink level. Same sturdy ink outlet construction as the I-refill cartridge, so no danger of ink leakage caused by rubber starvation.

-- hide signature --

Crazy about printing, profiling and refilling printer cartridges

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow