Camera or lens problem?

Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MikeFromMesa Senior Member • Posts: 2,849
Camera or lens problem?

I recently bought a Tamron 17-35 UWA from eBay for my (new) 5D3. When it arrived I tested it to make sure it was working properly and everything seemed fine. I took about 40 or 50 images and all seemed just fine.

This morning I was out taking some photos of some flowers and got this image. It showed up immediately on the lcd (so it is not a flash memory problem) and appeared the same on both cards. I just don't know if it is the camera or the lens. I took about 25 images this morning and all were fine except for this one. The image I took immediately before this one and the one immediately after this were were just fine.

There appears to be nothing in the image since I cannot get anything to show up at all in LR. What would cause this? If it is the camera I can send it in for repair and, if it is the lens, I can return it.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow