Prague with the Panasonic GX1 + PanaLeica 25mm 1.4

Started Aug 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
TomJI
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Re: Prague with the Panasonic GX1 + PanaLeica 25mm 1.4
In reply to drtmw, Sep 1, 2012

Thanks Tom, I'm glad that you enjoyed them.

And thank you for the critique, yes looking back it at I should certainly have increased to f5.6 or so. So far I've tended to keep the camera in P mode and adjust from there (or S mode if I'm doing stabilised night shots), but I've come to realise that I need to go with A mode and take proper control of my DoF.

I wasn't aware of the HDR function in the G5. Sounds like something worth trying really, though I do enjoy the control of doing it myself and after setting up a few presets for how I like my HDRs to work its not really too much work to process them. Though, in-camera HDR is always going to be more helpful if you'd like to see the results quicker (for example, if you're transferring straight onto an iPad to view the images)

Best wishes,
Tom

drtmw wrote:

Hi,

Loved your photos, thanks for sharIng them. I loved the tones and subtitle shades of photo 1 but the slightly out of focus foreground detracted a bit. Still a nice shot, but f 5.6 or so might have made it better. But perhaps what you got is exactly what wanted

I really l liked the NOT OOT HDRs. Beautiful. But in 8 the top of the spire seems a bit out of focus, too (perhaps that is an artifact of dpreviews renderings).

I am interested in trying HDR so your shots are an inspiration. I may upgrade from my G3 to a G5 which has a built in HDR function but of course I don't know how well Panasonic will do that.

Cheers,

Tom

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow