iPad Photosmith app, Lightroom plugin, and iPad filenames

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
FlightDeck
Regular MemberPosts: 388Gear list
Like?
Re: iPad Photosmith app, Lightroom plugin, and iPad filenames
In reply to FlightDeck, Sep 1, 2012

Okay so all is still not well. While I succeeded in restoring the connection between the Eye-Fi card and Photosmith app, I am still having problems with losing the connection.

While transferring a batch of over 900 JPG, the Photosmith app continued to experience lockups. I then disabled the power-saving feature on th 5D III and also the auto-lock feature on the iPad, and that seems to have eliminated the lockups. I suspect that either the camera or iPad tried to sleep/lock while the card was transmitting.

After fixing that and starting over, now the issue is that Photosmith "soft crashes" by simply exiting back to the home screen during the transfer. Photosmith has to be reopened and the transmission resumed, although in some cases the connection to the card has been lost and must first be reconnected in the iPad WiFi Settings screen.

The end result of several such soft crashes & resumes is that about 150 of the total 900+ JPG were not transferred, and it's difficult to tell which ones are missing.

Trying the same transfer instead using the Eye-Fi app resulted in only one broken transfer and, after resuming, all files were successfully transferred to the iPad.

So, there still seems to be an issue with the Eye-Fi connection through Photosmith.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
K
Ontario, Canada
http://photos.loneleaf.ca
(See my profile for equipment list.)

FlightDeck's gear list:FlightDeck's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow