Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zablot
Contributing MemberPosts: 649
Like?
Soft-Proofing Problems Photoshop CS5
Sep 1, 2012

I recently rebuilt my graphics work station and updated my operating system to Windows 7 64 bit from XP sp3 32 bit. I am trying out Photoshop CS5.1 and am having a tough time getting ideal prints with my Epson 2200. My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit and have drivers and ICC profiles updated. Prints made on Ultra Premium Luster turn out very dark and in some cases with a green/blue cast. Perceived colors on the prints are dull and muddy. I always print with Photoshop managing colors and with no color management from the print driver and soft proof every image that will get printed. I recallibrated my monitor and images within photoshop look ok. There is a slight difference between the Adobe RGB color space view and the simulated view for the print paper, but not even close to the printed image. I have seen some posts suggesting that multiple profiles can cause this issue. Soft proofing was effortless and trouble free in CS and my old XP system. How can I find all of the active color profiles that are associated with an image file during the print process? Has anyone else experienced this problem and how was this issue fixed. I will post snippets from my desk top once I figure out how to do it to provide more background for everyone. Thank you for your help.

As Always,

Jim

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow