18200 & DH1758 1.7x extender

Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
PDavis
Regular MemberPosts: 458Gear list
Like?
Re: 18200 & DH1758 1.7x extender
In reply to Letsgokoulos, Sep 1, 2012

Actually, I was referring to the post about the 50/1.8. By adding on the 1.7 extender it becomes effectively 85/1.8 (assuming little or no light loss). My concern is loss of IQ (bokeh, sharpness, color, etc).

I just picked one up on ebay so I'll try it and see! My main purpose is to extend the 55-210 and I've seen it works well with that lens.

Letsgokoulos wrote:

You do not loose any light with the DH1758 extender, and there is no reason why the bokeh should be deteriorated.

You just have to make sure it will not vignette on your 85mm. What filter diameter would your 85mm be ? If it stays around 58mm, it should be fine.

Marc

PDavis wrote:

I think an 85mm f/1.8 would make a nice portrait lens. Anything about the extender that would detract? Perhaps there's some light loss or bokeh deterioration?

Letsgokoulos wrote:

Although I do not really see the point of using the DH1758 extender with the Sony 50mm f1.8, I just checked and confirm it does not vignette at all with this lens. So yes, it does work properly with the 50mm.

Marc

processedmeat08 wrote:

Sorry to hijack this thread, op, but what other lenses does you extender work well with? Specfically, does it work on the 50mm 1.8? Thanks!

PDavis's gear list:PDavis's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow