In Praise of Fogg bags...

Started Aug 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
John Bean (UK)
Forum ProPosts: 18,034
Like?
Re: if you only knew
In reply to Felts, Sep 1, 2012

Felts wrote:

Hey, the Fogg cost me £40... it'll last for another 20 years and it looks good too.

I guess I've been lucky with my camera bags. I have a Billingham too (larger for when I want to pack the kitchen sink) and got that for £40 too - both on the 'Bay, both Buy It Now. Perseverance was the key

I couldn't agree more. My Billingham L2 looked brand new when I got it from ebay despite costing a fraction of the new asking price from dealers. It's the second L2 I've owned (the first was "lost" in a house move) and I've wasted time and money with a number of cheaper high-tech alternatives (and some cheaper canvas types) before I spotted the used L2 on ebay and bought it.

It felt like meeting a long-lost friend; the L2 is my all time favourite small "work from" bag and the only one I trust to be completely weatherproof without the need for covers that restrict access. There's a lot more to the design than just the style; not all canvas bags are born equal.

Someone has to buy bags like Fogg or Billingham new but it's very unlikely to be me as long as people get bored with them and put them on ebay

-- hide signature --

John Bean [BST (GMT+1)]

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow