Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
W5JCK
Regular MemberPosts: 392Gear list
Like?
Blue Moon on 31 August 2012 captured with Canon 60D
Sep 1, 2012

Here are a couple of shots of the Blue Moon on 31 August 2012 I captured a couple of hours ago with my new Canon EOS 60D. Just for fun I used my Canon EF-S 55-250mm zoom, admittedly not the best lens for this kind of photography, but since I had never used it to capture the Moon I decided to give it a try.

Both shots are from the CR2 RAW.

When I first went outside this evening the skies were mostly cloudy with bands of high clouds from the remnants of hurricane Isaac. So this first shot is rather ominous looking, but I thought appropriate given the past few days. My heart goes out to the folks who suffered so much in Louisiana, Mississippi, and other locations. (This is a reduced size image with a tiny bit of post processing in Photoshop CS6.)

The second shot was taken a while later after the clouds broke away for a while. (This is a full size crop with post processing in Photoshop CS6.)

-- hide signature --

An astrophotography hobbyist and amateur radio instructor and examiner. Canon EOS 60D and Canon Powershot G1 X. http://www.w5jck.com

W5JCK's gear list:W5JCK's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow