Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
William Curtindale
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,462Gear list
Like?
BIF, Sandhill Cranes, 70-400mm G (Pics)
Sep 1, 2012

I have been requested to present a talk and slideshow of Sandhill Cranes at a local festival in October. I have over 1000 decent shots of Sandhill Cranes in flight taken over the past three years.

I haven't had a lot of time this past season so I decided to go out today and see what I could find. I was amazed when I went out to areas I had been in the past (all the shallow ponds and wet lands we totally dry with weeds and flowers growing in them).

It seems that we have fewer Sandhill Cranes (didn't find them where they had been in the past). Although I did come across three groups with three and four in each group. Since I have not been out much I also realized my shooting BIF skills was also rusty but quickly came back.

All images handheld, shot w/A900, 70-400mm G, RAW, ISO 800, 1/1250 sec, f/7.1, apx. 66% crop and post processed in PS CS6.

-- hide signature --

A900 w/Zeiss Glass + Sony G
View My Images: http://picasaweb.google.com/BillCurtindale

William Curtindale's gear list:William Curtindale's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +10 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow