Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sderdiarian
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,226Gear list
Like?
DxOMark still silent on the E-M5
Sep 1, 2012

It's been well over a month since the thread " DxOMark still stumped by the E-M5?" pegged the redline so I just paid DxO Mark a visit - still nothing on the E-M5.

They've since reviewed the D3200 (according to DxO its overall sensor score of 81 bests the 5D MkIII) and D800/D800E (they're indicated as the best overall scored sensors ever with scores of 95 and 96, higher than any medium format camera tested to date).

And mFT remains with its best scoring camera, the GH2, at 60, the rest grouped between 50 and 56. To give some idea where this rates, the compact S100 also received a score of 50, and run of the mill APS-C DSLR's and CSC's score between the low and and high 70's.

Which brings us back to the E-M5, still a mystery wrapped in an enigma as far as DxO is concerned. So instead of their scores, all we can go by is universal praise of the images it produces along with its exceptional DR and high ISO shooting capabilities. Works for me.

But I can't help but get the impression from DxO's continued silence that they won't touch it with a ten foot pole. Which makes me wonder if they're concerned that one of their typical low mFT scores would bring the meaningfulness of their entire approach to testing into serious question.

All those scores built up over the years with mFT neatly placed into a lowly box of 50-60, and now APS-C D3200'e besting new FF sensored cameras, and D800's indicated to be superior to medium format sensors at ten times the price.

DxO, break your silence and let us know what's holding up the works when it comes to the E-M5. Inquiring minds want to know ;).
--
Sailin' Steve

sderdiarian's gear list:sderdiarian's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D3200 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow