Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Quasar1
Contributing MemberPosts: 526
Like?
Newbie lighting question
Sep 1, 2012

Sorry for asking a lazy, uninformed question, but I would greatly appreciate your opinions and recommendations. I shoot with a D90 and I live in a small condo with not much space and varying light.

I have a 9 month old son and I occasionally sell items on the internet. I would like a light kit that allows me the flexibility to illuminate a 500 sq foot living room and also allow me to take detailed pics of small objects.

I'm sure a kit with umbrellas is better for the living room situation and a soft-box may be better for the small items. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I also dont have a lot of storage space, so compactness is a definite desire.

I also don't know the advantages/disadvantages of tungsten, fluorescent, etc. I'm far from a professional and have no aspirations to be professional, but I'd like to be a competent amateur.
--
Roger

"The eye only sees what the mind is prepared to comprehend"

• Henri Bergson

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow