Started Aug 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tomsailor
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
Motor Racing and the G1
Aug 31, 2012

I was at the Nuerburgring race track to take some pictures of the DTM touring cars, racing in the 2012 championship.

It was the second time that I seriously tried to shoot fast moving race cars and this time I am pretty pleased with the result.
C&C welcome!

The Panasonic G1 is a camera I like very much, but when I bought it in 2009 I must admit I got fooled by the Panasonic advertising. Tracking-AF was promoted heavily, but as we all know it turned out to be pretty useless. Things have improved quite a bit with the new models (C-AF, tracking AF) but with the G1 I need to pre-focus on a specific part of the race track using the AE/AF button, then follow the approaching cars with the camera and take a single shot or short burst of up to 3 images when they reach the area I pre-focused on.

Regards
Tom

tomsailor's gear list:tomsailor's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow